Doing it right. Temperature Verification, Cross-contamination, Cooling and More
Updated: Jun 17, 2021
When we see operators using a successful procedure or just best practices we want to share it with the rest of the community. Take a look at this month’s finds.
1. ↓ These chicken breasts just came out of the fryer. This crew is totally on their game, ensuring the proper kill step temperature of 165F for 15 seconds or more was achieved. They also document it. Way to go!
2. ↓ These color-coded spatulas ensure there is no cross-contamination happening on their grill. Yellow is for poultry products, red for meats, black is for cooked ready-to-eat foods, and blue is for breads. Nice job!
3. ↓ Great documentation of when the sanitation bucket was mixed up and when they need to change it (every four hours) according to their best practices.
4. ↓ This was posted on the paper towel dispenser to give everyone something to read while washing their hands. Good thinking!
5. ↓ Awesome cooling in process. The ice bath is equal to the cooling product and an additional frozen ice wand in the larger container. Now that’s the way to do it.