What's wrong with this picture?
Updated: Mar 31
March 29, 2022
These are actual photographs from different inspections in our county. Can you see what the problems are?
1. ↓Yummy puff pastries with cooked tomatoes and soft cheese. Any rules regarding the holding temperature you can think of?
2. ↓ Why is this egg product out of temperature?
3. ↓ Cell phone and a food contact surface. 'Nuff said?
4. ↓ Fortunately a not toooo common sight at a coffee house... Any concerns?
5. ↓ That would be ready-to-eat salsa in the buckets.
Photo #1 - Cooked veggies, cooked meats and soft cheeses cooked into a pastry require a 4-hour time as a control agreement (with a written procedure on-hand) to ensure food safety when held at room temperature. Corrective action seen below.
Photo #2 - The insert is not properly placed in the refrigeration unit so it is virtually impossible to keep it at 41F or less.
Photo #3 - 'Nuff said.
Photo #4 - All of these coffee additives were out of temperature. They sit on the counter 'until we use them up'. You could keep these products at room temperature once opened using a time as control for public health agreement, and discard them after 4 hours. Or, you could refrigerate them after each use and put half and half in an insulated carafe.
Photo #5 - Improper separation of raw proteins. Raw eggs over ready to eat salsa - priority violation.